Sunday, May 11, 2014

Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day to all the warriors out there : moms working hard in the daily grind thinking no ones sees, moms fighting for their kids, moms aching for their babies waiting for them in heaven, moms longing for their babies across the ocean, and moms-to-be that aren't yet though wish they were.

Today I am extraordinarily thankful for my own mom and mother-in-law; surely I wouldn't have these blessings today if it weren't for those two women and the generations before them.

I am thankful for the man who has made me a mama and walks this crazy life with me day in and day out, who encourages me when I am sure I am doing it all wrong, who loves me in spite of my mistakes, and who will be by my side all our days together on this earth.

And for these five youngins, who say "Mommy," more times a day than I can count, who ask questions until I think my brain might explode, who make sure someone is having a crisis daily. To these five who remind me of God's never-ending and unexplainable grace, who forgive me when I mess up yet again, who keep me in the grips of my sovereign Father.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment