Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Truth Time

Okay, here goes.

Sometimes my kids annoy me.

There. I said it.

That thing we all think and then feel terrible about it because surely a good mom - a GODLY mom - would never ever think that.

If that is the case, you can go ahead and call me (because I call myself this) #worldsokayestmom

And if I take this truth further...I have five children....someone is always "off" or having a day or a crisis or going through a season of being exceptionally annoying so sometimes it feels like I am correcting and discipling and fussing and being annoyed all.the.time.

I'm working on it. :)

Judge me if you care to. (Which, by the way, is annoying too.)

The most annoying one at the moment shall remain nameless.  That particular child is at an annoying age right now.  There are SO.MANY.QUESTIONS and opinions and instructions that I have said no less than nine million times and I am human and can only handle so much before steam begins to come out of my ears.

So often I do not handle this well.  It is evident by my tone or the deep breath I have to take before I respond (so I don't lose it) that I am annoyed.  This particular child does not pick up on these cues (heaven help him/her).  I am constantly (and I mean multiple times a day) asking God for more patience because this SURELY is outside of my own human capability.

What about you? What do you do when you are getting particularly *annoyed* by a small human - or anyone you love?

No comments:

Post a Comment