Monday, March 31, 2014

A Letter to March

Dear March,
You were not kind to us.
You started out with a sick baby with a cold. The cold was so intense for a 5 week old we were sent two different times for chest X-rays and nasal swabs. The cold and cough lasted for four straight weeks.
One kid with the stomach bug.
The baby got the stomach bug. Then a double ear infection. At the same time.
We received a possible genetic diagnosis explaining the clefts, which dramatically increased the chances of our grandchildren having the syndrome as well.
We scheduled Ben's first surgery.
I learned I have a hernia that needs surgical repair.
All of this while our health insurance was completely messed up because of the insurance company's computer error. So we were without coverage while attending all these doctor appointments and prescriptions and X-rays. Eight appointments, six X-rays, three prescriptions without coverage. And countless hours of my husband sitting on hold. COUNTLESS hours.
Then we learned Josiah did not get into the preschool we wanted. Then we learned he did. And I cried because it was a breath of fresh air with all the crap. Then we learned that was a mistake and he actually didn't.
Then my car got broken into. And I may have told the insurance company I thought they were greedy (I am over insurance companies for the record.)
Then our dryer needed repair and we probably need a new one.
Our car needed additional repairs (besides what the goober did when he broke in) that cost a good chunk of change.
Then we heard some hurtful words from someone that is supposed to be on our side in the church planting field.
I had to say goodbye to my best friend as she leaves to serve on the other side of the world for three years.

I shattered my iPhone screen when I dropped it as I was waiting on my otter box to come in but the package was lost (said it had been delivered but wasn't).
All of this while being exhausted, as the baby still wakes in the night.
March, I am over you.
Very truthfully,
Me
P.S. April, I do not advise you mess with me.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment