Friday, November 22, 2013

Why Halloween Lasted Two Weeks


(Wrote this post a few weeks ago but never could get the pics to line up right with text.  That's why it's late. So maybe I should change the title to Why Halloween Lasted Four Weeks since that's what it took me to blog about it.)

It's officially November. Which in my mind kicks off Christmas season, but my husband is more of the "wait until the day after Thanksgiving" variety. Marriage is compromise. But I digress. It means Halloween is over. But this year, more than any other, I feel like it we have celebrated this holiday approximately nine zillion times.  Halloween with small kids is basically playing dress up and eating junky food. Which to my crew (and I'm sure to yours) is a summary of the best day ever.

So instead of doing a post for each event, I invite to this photo summary of "Why Halloween LastedTwo Weeks."

Right after Fall Break (in Florida) we took a little trip to a pumpkin patch. Aunt Sarah was still with us (that pic was on here - and it mysteriously disappeared) and we had fun with face painting, a hayride, pony rides (now my boys have officially ridden a horse more times than I have, because I never have), and I scared my kids pretty good in the corn maze.  But it was cold and the day before we were in 90 degree weather. *Sigh




Then we had a little neighborhood pumpkin party with fun Halloween food, costumes, and pumpkin panting. Spencer worked on his ninja kicking with his 9 year love interest.  (Seriously. He loves her. It scares me how charming and knowledgeable he is.  Supposedly he is going to marry her.)







We also trick-or-treated at the zoo.  Any excuse to wear costumes and get candy.







The day before Halloween my littles enjoyed Halloween storytime.

We carved our family pumpkins. Ella is basically making the best face ever here.






















I went to the preschool Halloween party, which was a craft, pumpkin picking, and food.  I didn't get to go to Ella's school party because they limit the parents that come to the 4 volunteers.  





I had this genius idea at like 8 pm on Oct 30 to make a Halloween shirt.  My kids were distraught I did not have a costume, so this was my solution. They loved it, and I did too. The shirt was already in my closet.  
Reservoir Church (our church plant) hosted a block party on Halloween night to provide a place for food and rest during trick or treating.  We ended up serving about 200 people chili, popcorn, cotton candy, and lemonade and letting them know about Reservoir Church. Gave out all the food we had.  'Twas fun and very, very tiring.  (I also took our kids around trick or treating in the neighborhood.)



It was fun! 

No comments:

Post a Comment