Wednesday, February 19, 2014

A Birthday Letter for the 7 Year Old

Dear Ella,
We celebrated your seventh birthday last week. This is your second birthday here with us but the first one where you really got what was going on. You have been asking when your birthday was coming for months and months. I still can't believe you are 7. It seems so much bigger than 6!



This past year has been huge for you! Your language has taken off even more, even though that's always been impressive. You went from not knowing any letters or numbers and only counting to 10 to reading books and numbers to 100. Kindergarten helped set a lot of things in motion for you, but in first grade you have blossomed! You are a social butterfly, you are imaginative and active, you are respectful and kind. You make friends easily and with just about anyone. You are so smart and a hard worker. I had a conference with your teacher a few weeks back and she only had good things to say. You are growing in every area at school.





Here at home you are a delight. Daddy and I have noticed how you are coming into your role as the oldest sibling. It fits your personality well. God knew what He was doing when He brought us together. You are an excellent helper, so very patient with your younger siblings, and you desire to obey and do the right thing. You definitely do not shy away from asking questions to know every little thing going on around you or making your opinions known. Your tact is getting so much better. :) :) You have come a long way in understanding the importance of apologizing and forgiving. Those are huge lessons that we all need to keep on learning all our days on this earth. I know I am!



You and Kate are sisters through and through. You all get so frustrated with one another (usually because she wants what you have) but you always come back together, and usually very quickly. Spencer and Josiah are usually in the thick of it too. The 4 of you are something else. The games you come up with using anything you find are crazy creative. It's hard sometimes because you'll feed off each other and get wild and loud very quickly. But you all are great kids and for the most part attempt to fix it as soon as possible.






And my oh my do you love your baby brother! You do voice-overs for Ben often and they are pretty funny. I can not wait to see your interactions when he can smile and babble back at you! You have already told me your job will be to feed him food when the time comes and hold him when he gets bigger. You always want to see and kiss him as often as you can.


Art is something you really enjoy right now. In fact, you got advanced marks, the highest possible, in art on your report card. You have told me you want to be an art teacher when you grow up. You also love barbies, playing kitchen, bright colored clothing, hair bands, and dance parties.



I am so thankful to be your mama. And when you tell God that you are thankful He made me your mommy my heart swells in my chest. I get it wrong so often, especially with you. You are the oldest and that tends to be a bit of a guinea pig when it comes to parenting, but you are incredibly gracious to me. You are genuinely sweet and thoughtful. Thank you for being mine.



Happy birthday, big girl. Let's celebrate with a nail-painting party, shall we? I love you big!

Mommy

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment