Monday, December 23, 2013

Celebrating #5

Somehow, my twins are turning 5.

Their birthday is not until the end of the month, but we decided to go ahead and have their party early to miss the Christmas/New Years craziness.

So glad Uncle Winston, Aunt Sarah, Uncle Trent, and Aunt Mimi came down for the day. Kate was very excited about her new sticker book! She loves these.



Because they share a birthday, I do request we sing Happy Birthday two times so Spencer and Kate can have their own song. Spencer, older by 2 minutes, goes first.






I also let them pick their own flavored of birthday cake for the first time. I figure my other children get to pick theirs, so why shouldn't the twins? (Now that they are old enough to have an opinion.) Spencer is so funny- he's very particular and specific. He requested a chocolate cake with white frosting and strawberries around the side. He also wanted blue words that said "Happy Birthday Spencer and Kate. I love you. Amen." (Yes, he said those exact words.) This is what I came up with for him.



Kate requested my pumpkin cupcakes with cinnamon cream cheese frosting. Can't say I blame her- they are my favorite too.


The party was simple - friends from the neighborhood and preschool, family, playtime, chick-fil-a tray and fruit, and birthday cake.

5 years since I first became a mommy...and now weeks from adding #5!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment